Click here for pdf version of the call for papers.
CIT (Conference on Information Technology) is a
premier international conference and forum for high quality research in the
area of Information Technology. CIT2006 is being jointly organized by
the Orissa Information Technology Society (http://www.oits.org)
CONFERENCE TRACKS: CIT encourages submissions in all the areas of information technology. However, the papers in the following 6 tracks will be primary focus of this year conference (CIT2006). The submissions in each track could be on any of the topics listed, but are not limited to them.
(1) Bioinformatics and Computational Biology: Novel applications in Bioinformatics, Data Mining and Statistical Modeling of biological data, Visualization of Biological Processes and Data, Management, Migration and Integration of Biological Databases, Biological Database search, indexing and access.
(2) Communication Networks and Protocols: Broadband Multimedia Communications, Wireless Ad hoc/ Sensor Networks, Network Security, Wireless and Mobile Communications, Emerging Information Technology Networks.
(3) Language Processing: Character recognition, text to speech conversion, speech synthesis, Signal and Image Processing.
(4) Security, Content Protection, and Digital Rights Management: Watermarking, Steganography, Cryptography, Biometrics, Digital Libraries.
(5) Databases, Information Warehousing and Data Mining: Intelligent Databases, Query and Constraint-based Data Mining, Mining Spatial and Temporal Data, Mining of Data Streams, Feature Extraction, Collaborative filtering/personalization, Cost-based Decision making, Visual Data Mining, Privacy Sensitive Data Mining.
(6) Application Specific Software and Hardware Systems: Embedded Information Systems, Hardware/Software/Firmware issues, Nano-technology and Applications, Quantum Information Processing.
PAPER SUBMISSION: Papers offering high quality original and unpublished research, case studies and implementations are solicited for this conference. The papers need to be submitted online through the conference website indicated above. Three types of papers will be considered: regular papers (6-pages), short papers (4-pages), poster papers (2-pages). All submitted papers will undergo DOUBLE-blind-review by a strong team of reviewers and program committee members consisting of leading researchers around the globe. Authors need to prevent identity disclosure in following ways: (1) by not listing names and affiliations of the authors on the manuscript, (2) by not saying "my work" or "our work" in the text while citing self references, and (3) by not writing acknowledgments in such a way that identity of authors are implied. Author information should ONLY be included in the submission form. All accepted papers will be printed in the conference proceedings provided that at least one author registers for the conference.
BEST PAPER AWARDS: Three awards will be conferred with due recommendations from the program committee from the papers presented in the conference. Each award will carry cash prize and citation. Amiya K. Pujari Award is provided for the Best Paper of the conference. Narayan Misra Award is given to the best paper from Orissa. One student best paper award will be awarded from the papers with students as the leading authors.
FELLOWSHIPS: The Steering Committee will award limited
number of fellowships to students based on need and merit, to partially cover
expenses of attendees from
· Papers and tutorials submission deadline: 15th June 2006 (extended to 22nd June 2006)
· Notifications of review status (Acceptance or Declination): 15th August 2006
· Camera ready copies of accepted papers or tutorial-abstracts due: 15th September 2006
Mishra, New Jersey Institute of
S. P. Mohanty,
A. Sahoo, Indian Institute of Technology,
Steering Committee Chair
G. Ramakrishnan, Indian Institute of Science,
M. Satapathy, Abo Akademi University, Finland, email@example.com.
R. Mohanty, Institute of Technical Education and Research, Bhubaneswar, India, firstname.lastname@example.org.
M. Mishra, Institute
of Technical Education and Research,
K. Das, Center for IT Education,
K. Nayak, Silicon Institute of Technology,
Members of Program Committee
A strong team of leading researchers around the globe, a complete list is available in the website.